One of these days, I'll learn my lesson and start checking out snopes.com!
Thanks Jonathan (and a few others) for letting me know that this amber alert is a hoax. I guess if you click on some sort of link on the bottom, they are trying to raise money or something.... anyways, sorry everyone.
Have a nice night.
Tiffani
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 15:47:27 -0400
Subject: Re: FW: : Amber Alert ~ LOOK @ her PICTURE!! THEN Please Forward
From: jonandwendy@gmail.com
To: tiffanisue@hotmail.com
Hey Tiffani,
I don't know if anyone else has sent this along yet, but just so you know, this story is a
hoax.
I just didn't want you to spend too much of your time praying for her! :)
snopes.com is a good place to check on a story before forwarding it on in an email. Also, a lot of pranksters are including "I checked it on snopes - it is real" in their hoax emails just to make people assume that they are valid stories, so make sure you check snopes yourself, and don't take anyone's word for it!
Love you!
Jonathan
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/missing/ashleyflores.asp On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Tiffani McLuhan
<tiffanisue@hotmail.com> wrote:
Because I would want everyone to forward if it were my child ...
With love,
Tiffani
Staff Sergeant Rick Williams Rolla Police Department 1007 N. Elm St. Rolla , MO 65401 (573) 364-1213 Fax (573) 364-6346 Please look at the picture, read what her mother says, then forward this message on..
 My 13 year old girl, Ashley Flores, is missing... She has been missing for two weeks now.. Maybe if everyone passes this on, someone will see this child. That is how the girl from Stevens Point was found, by circulation of her picture on TV.... The Internet circulates even overseas, South America , and Canada etc. Please pass this to everyone in your address book.
With GOD on her side, she will be found.
I am asking you all, begging you to please forward this email on to anyone and everyone you know, PLEASE.
It is still not too late. Please help us. If anyone knows anything, please contact me at: HelpfindAshleyFlore s@yahoo.com I am including a picture of her. All prayers are appreciated!!
It only takes 2 seconds to forward this... If it was your child, you would want all the help you could get!! | | | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | | |
| | No virus found in this message Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 10.0.1191 / Virus Database: 1435/3385 - Release Date: 01/16/11 |
| | | |
| | |
-- There is no greater exercise for the human heart than reaching down and lifting someone up. (Author Unknown)
| Never miss an email again! Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.
| |
-- Fire and Iron Firefighter Motorcycle Club Station 36 Emerald Coast, Florida
|
No comments:
Post a Comment